Friday, July 17, 2009

Cormac McClaggen is an underwear model??

So this was intended to be a review of Half Blood Prince, but another topic has been brought to my attention by my amigo, Julianna (follow her blog: http://happydayyay.blogspot.com).

If you've seen Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (or read the book), you will know about this guy called Cormac McClaggan. The actor's name is Freddie Stroma, and he completely stole every scene he was in in the movie.

While reading the books, I nearly completely ignored the character of Cormac. However, in the movie, that was impossible. And just a few minutes ago, I received a text from Julianna telling me that Freddie/Cormac is an underwear model.

Umm, wow?

Because I found this nugget of information blog-worthy, here is a picture of this stunning dude:

Freddie Storma Pictures, Images and Photos


For more lovely Cormac/Freddie-ness, Google Freddie Stroma. You won't be sorry.



Since I only intend to blog once a day, I suppose I'll post a few of my thoughts of the new Half Blood Prince film.

--The scene at the Burrow at the very beginning was so adorable. It felt so home-y, so much like the books. I was glad that for once we got to see a new dynamic of the Burrow.

--This movie has made me fall in love with the Ron/Hermione ship. I have been strongly opposed to this ship for at least six years now, but the scene with Dan and Emma on the stairs, talking about how it feels to have your heart broken, that just broke my heart. Julianna, I am in need of Ron/Hermione flair. Yeah, I bet you never thought you'ld hear that.

--Tom Felton. I've never seen his acting so powerful, so spot on. He made me fall in love with Draco all over again. And, his suit was snazzy through the WHOLE movie. Very snazzy.

Harry Potter and half blood prince Pictures, Images and Photos

--That picture brings me to another dimention of the film: Severus Snape. I love how Alan Rickman did justice to the character and made Snape so loathe-able. Also, his hair has never been so nicely quaffed. He's one of my most anticipated characters in the Deathly Hallows movies.

--Daniel Radcliffe made me smile through the whole movie. For such a short little dude, he's remarkable. Not that short people can't be remarkable. What I'm trying to say is that, Dan, you did Harry Potter well this time around. Fantastic job. :)

--Rupert Grint stole the movie. His scenes were pretty...exploited, is that the word?, before the film came out, but they were still as hilarious as ever. He has never been more Ron.

--I think my favorite part in the whole film was when Harry fed Cormac dragon balls. I was almost in tears, I was laughing so hard. Then again, Cormac is a scene-whore, so I had the same reaction in nearly all of his scenes.

--The Harry/Ginny relationship came off awkward and a bit rushed in this film. I'm still on the fence about that ship.

--OVERALL, it was the best film yet, in my opinion. Might even be in my top ten movies of all time. Just go in with very low expectations, which isn't very hard after the last attempt of a movie called Order of the Phoenix, and you'll be very pleasantly surprised. That's what I did, and I couldn't have loved it more.


So I guess that was more than a few thoughts? Haha, well, I just wanted to let out my thoughts on the movie. Hope you enjoyed reading and those few pictures I put in :)

<3

2 comments:

  1. FINALLY. Though, I don't know WHY you have/had trouble accepting them. It's been, what, 4 years since this book came out?

    And, sweetheart, go edit that pic of Freddie to make it smaller. We want to see his beautiful face. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grr I don't know how to edit it so just deal with his abulars, okay? xD

    ReplyDelete