Friday, July 24, 2009

The Vampire Diaries.

This morning I woke up with not much to blog about.

However, that has changed.





We left about one this afternoon to take Gracie home. We knew the new TV show "The Vampire Diaries" would be filming on the square, so we figured we would go check it out. We knew that Ian Somerhalder from LOST (I'm a huge LOST freak) and Nina Dobrev from Degrassi would be there, but we didn't figure we'd really meet them. We just wanted to go see the set.



We drove by and saw that the cast was supposed to arrive around 4. We found some two hour parking and walked up to the square. We spread out on some benches and watched important-looking people carry props and equipment on set. Gracie and I were making animated conversation and looking like official picnickers when a nice man named Brandon came over and told us that they would be moving equipment by a lot, that we had to move so we wouldn't get hurt.



We went to go sit by my mom and Kenzie, who of course were making conversation with a total stranger. What we didn't know was that this total stranger happened to be the director of the show. My mom asked him if we could meet Ian, and he said sure, but he wouldn't be there until about 4 in the morning. We were prepared to wait, and he said we could sit on the bench the whole time and chill.



The second my mom left to go move the car, Gracie squeezed my hand so hard it drew blood. "That's Boone, over there in the hat!!" Kenzie thought it was him too, but I ignored them. It just didn't look like Ian to me.



It was around that time that the director, Marcos Siega, came over and said, "Where's your mother??" We told him that she went to go move the car. Shocked and laughing, he told us, "Oh, well Ian is here on set now!"



My heart stopped.



I couldn't breathe.



We were trying not to totally freak out when Ian starts walking towards us. We were shrieking so high-pitched I don't think he could hear it. I figured he would just walk right by, but he stopped right in front of us.



"Hey guys! What's up?" He asked, smiling. We were speechless. He looks even better in person.



"We're just hanging out," one of us said.



"Oh, really? That's cool," he smiled. "What are your names?"



He went over to my sister and shook her hand. She introduced her self and he said, "I'm Ian."



Then he moved to me, I was in the middle. His handshake was so firm. I told him my name, and I believe he said "Nice to meet you" or something along those lines. Then Gracie introduced herself.



We talked for a minute and then as he was about to leave, I asked if we could get a picture with him.



"Sure!" He said. The director was standing by and said that he would take the picture. Ian sat down on the bench between me and Gracie and put his arms around us. They were so muscular.



"Look at me, Marcos, surrounded by all these beautiful girls!" He joked. I could hear my heart beating so loudly.



Marcos took two pictures, and then Ian got up from the bench. "I have to tell you, movie sets are the most boring things ever. Except for us, of course," he smiled. I was just watching his mouth move, not really hearing anything. He told us he would see us later, and walked off.

Since the pictures are on my myspace and I don't knnow how to link them here, here's a lovely picture of Ian:

Ian Somerhalder Pictures, Images and Photos











After that, my life was pretty much complete. :D Gracie and I went to play with one of the cameramen's dogs for a while. Her name was Niko and she was such a sweetheart. We thought she would be on the show, but when we found out she was just someone's dog, we got a little bored with playing with her. We kept talking about how Ian would come over and play with the dog with us. Haha :)



We sat on the bench for a while, watching them film. Nina Dobrev was filming a scene where she was handing out flierswith another girl actress, who kept saying "Oh baby!" We'll be looking for that scene when the show comes on.



Once Nina walked by to go to the snack table. When she was walking back, the lady across from us asked for a picture with her. Nina was sweet and said yes, even though she was busy. My mom asked if we could get a picture with her too, and she said "of course". She was so sweet, and told us she hopes we like the show when it comes out next month.




In the car on the way to the square, I said that if it was God's Will, we would meet Ian.



I suppose it was. :)





<3

3 comments:

  1. Hey!! you're the luckiest girl in the world! But I think you already know that! !!
    You're so lucky!! :) ..
    Greetings from mexico!! :)

    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky girl!
    i'm an ian fan too!
    can we see the photos please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGOMGOMG.


    Catherine got some ghetto pictures during filming from far away.


    I WILL BE ON THE LOOKOUT!

    ReplyDelete